Last Updated: Jul 21, 2020 Views: 0
Information literacy is the ability to use critical thinking to create meaningful knowledge from information. As a result of information literacy education and skills building, a Claremont Colleges student will demonstrate the following critical habits of mind:
- Engages in a process of inquiry in order to frame intellectual challenges and identify research needs.
- Strategically accesses and evaluates information.
- Communicates information effectively.
- Provides clear attribution of source materials used.
- Develops insight into the social, legal, economic, and ethical aspects of information creation, use, access, and durability.
To request an information literacy instruction session and learn more, visit our Request an Instruction Session page.